Teachmaster is a free educational application that allows you to create a glossary of new words to be learned, manage them, and test yourself.
Free, comprehensive and well-designed, Teachmaster is a great program to use. It is divided into 4 areas - Editor, Teaching Program, Converter and Quiz. Editor is where you add the words you want to learn. Teachmaster allows you to load an audio file for each entry and there is a management function to search for entries and eliminate duplicates.
Teaching Program is where you'll open your Teachmaster lessons and drill yourself on the right answers. You can set a time limit and an 'interrogation method', get hints and view statistics on your performance. Converter allows you to convert to and from CSV, WinVok II, Teachmaster 1.5 and HTML formats so they can be used in the program and imported/exported. Finally, Quiz mode will test you on what you have learned.
Although Teachmaster isn't the prettiest program, it does its job well. Not only does it effectively teach you vocabulary, it also has lots of features that make the experience just that little easier, from hotkeys and a back-up function to batch lesson naming and a study diary. Teachmaster would be perfect for any learner, especially if you already have a vocabulary list in .CSV or .HTML format that can be imported and used.
Teachmaster is a great program for language-learners who need a vehicle for their vocabulary lists.
- Directory for pronunciation files can be set with an absolute path
- Teaching program: colored percentage display
- Teaching program: learn all vocabulary of a lesson choice
- Teaching program: bugfix at "bracket contents or brackets are optional"
- Teaching program: learn max. 30 random vocabulary of a lesson choice
- Teaching program: symbolic display of learning method (top right)
- Teaching program: guessing of .wav and .mp3 file name
- Editor: guessing of .wav and .mp3 file name
- Converter (CSV import): saving of separator in preferences
- Converter (CSV import): standard value for lesson name
- Converter: combining .aw files when combining .vok2 files
- Statistics: preset appropriate learning direction